Saturday, June 12, 2010

Land subsidence in the Gulf of Mexico

I wonder if there is any risk of land subsidence in the Gulf of Mexico area due to all the ground release of oil.

Does anyone know if this is being thought of?

The effect of land subsidence could be even more catastrophic to the CITIES along the coast areas.
For info on what land subsidence is click here .

During the last major Ice age the land had raised as the weight of the ice sheets pressed down on the Earth.
As the melting occurred the land also moved and or raised up compensating for the change in weight.
An occurrence now is land susidence at or near land quarries from the water table change.

I hope there is some thought going into this possibility and if there is a threat I hope people are being alerted to it.

Any thoughts on this?
Please leave me a comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message I'll call ya back